Today I accompanied Darcy on a daycare outing to a Sugar Shack (La P'tite Cabane de la Cote). Our meal was delicious and the kids were very well behaved! After lunch we went outside to feed and pet some animals. There were goats, sheep, ducks, rabbits and llamas. Then we went on a horse-drawn cart. The warm weather last week made the road muddy, so a good part of was unpassable, but we got to go on the shorter one twice! It was a bumpy ride and some kids were scared and others (like Dare Devil Darcy) were thrilled.
After a week of above-normal temperature, today's sunny, COLD day brought a realistic touch to the sugar shack experience. After the ride we were treated to some taffy - my favorite treat! We visited the animals again and the friendly Bernese Mountain dog that hung around us all day. She was a real doll! I'm sure all the kids will sleep well tonight!
When we got back to Lachute I stopped at a 2nd hand store, Passer Aux Suivant, and I am NEVER going there again.
This is the 2nd time I went and was pushed/harrassed by the owner to look at things that don't interest me, but not to be rude I felt I should look. Only this time there were no lights on in the store, it was very crowded and very dark, so as I went to see a bucket that I didn't want, I tore my NEW 200$ BEST EVER FAVORITE WINTER COAT on a a piece of meta...l sticking out of a shelf, which I couldn't see b/c it was pitch black in there!!!!
I told her, but only the 2nd time when I was more insistent did she come and see and moved the shelf. Not a single word of appology or empathy or even a just a nice word, so Darcy and I were OUTTA THERE.
It's real shame, as it put a negative end to a wonderful day.
This is the 2nd time I went and was pushed/harrassed by the owner to look at things that don't interest me, but not to be rude I felt I should look. Only this time there were no lights on in the store, it was very crowded and very dark, so as I went to see a bucket that I didn't want, I tore my NEW 200$ BEST EVER FAVORITE WINTER COAT on a a piece of meta...l sticking out of a shelf, which I couldn't see b/c it was pitch black in there!!!!
I told her, but only the 2nd time when I was more insistent did she come and see and moved the shelf. Not a single word of appology or empathy or even a just a nice word, so Darcy and I were OUTTA THERE.
It's real shame, as it put a negative end to a wonderful day.


No comments:
Post a Comment