Tuesday, May 29, 2012

April 28, 2012: Cameron's Gigantic Titanic 8th Birthday Party!


THE CAKE.
Blue icing shaped  into waves to replicate the ocean.

Darcy serving "cookies"

I've never seen so many kids on the swing set at once. I was worried it wouldn't hold together!

That's an interesting way to drive a car.

Olivier, I think you're too big for it!

Amelia

Colby

Colin

The cake with the Titanic.
I tried and tried and tried to find a small toy boat that I could sink into the cake, but I just couldn't find one. I found a biggish plastic boat, and printed out pics of the Titanic, which I taped on both sides to make it look authentic, but it was way too big for the cake.


Fun with tissue paper!

Kevin thinks he's a mule.

This Lego boat from Cam's mom was the hit of the party!

Cameron's friends from school were terrific - all boys, all polite and fun to be around! Amelia was wonderful at keeping Darcy entertained, she even dressed up like a princess, but only because Darcy wanted her, too! :-p

We all chipped in towards a kayak for Cameron. We went and bought it the next day with Cameron.
UPDATE: Cameron tried it for the first time on May 27th and he LOVES IT!!! It's just the right size for him; he can put it in the lake and get it out all by himself. He tried to tip it and it's very stable, so that's great. He even got on his knees and rocked it side to side! He finally fell in trying to put his face in the water over the side of it...LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment