Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Father's Day 2012 (June 17)

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
Richard, Kevin and Peter.

Beautiful Marina.

Cam, Darcy and Marina.

The water gun again....
After much unpleasantness for kids and grown-ups alike with the water guns today, they are officially BANNED from the McWilby cottage. Somehow Darcy's got broken and Cam's is being sent back to his mom, where it came from in the 1st place. 

Great, now Darcy is splashing water, too!

FISHY!!!



Cam in his new kayak, Marina in mine. They are pretty good!


Ron & Cecile.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!

Darcy and I gave Kevin and "iPhone" for father's day!!
We made it out of black construction paper and downloaded icons! 


As for his real father's day present, I can't take any credit at all.

The kids gave Kevin a beautiful wood carving of a lighthouse with a lovely peom to go with it.

The wood carving made by Ron.
Grandpapa is very, very talented and patient!!!

I hope you had a great father's day, Kevin. :-)  I know I didn't really do anything special for you, but everything I do every day is for you! I love you!

For me, it was a long, trying, yet mostly happy day. The water guns/splashing/disrespect of the day really got the best of me, but I was happy to be around my family and friends at my favorite place in the world.  Perhaps it's the lack, the void, I always feel on father's day that made it hard to deal with things today. Although I think of my daddy every day, Father's Day is tough. It always comes right after Daddy's and Uncle Wayne's birthdays and somehow all these important dates, despite being "just another day" really bring home the miss I miss my Daddy. I love Dad, today and always, and keep you alive in the memories I share with your adorable granddaughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment