Sunday, January 27, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

2013

Darcy

Darcy has occasional bouts of separation anxiety at daycare, school, and even at home with Daddy when I'm out, albeit rarely. I am approaching this by supporting her and building trust and security in her.  I feel that although she must learn to cope with this and be without Mommy at certain times, that she must not be punished for her feelings. My goal is for her to become comfortable without me and learn to calm herself and most importantly know (trust!) that I will be there when she needs me. (Maybe not when she wants me to be there...)

There may be times that people think I am codling her or spoiling her when she's weepy and shy, but maybe she is just having one of her days when she really needs to be with Mommy as much as possible. Darcy is the reason I quit the job I loved and completely changed my career track and lifestyle...so I can be her mom and spend time with her while I have the chance. Of course, on the other hand, I am human and there are days when her mommy-needs don't fit the schedule or just simply get on my nerves...give me a bit of a break, too!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment