This was the extent of our March break :-(
Day 1 (Saturday): Darcy and I were sick with bad colds. Missed Erin's baby shower.
Day 2: same, plus a fever for Darcy.
Day 3: same, plus an earache for Darcy. Cameron went to his grandparent's for a sleepover, Darcy and I went to the local Emergency Room. We were there for 7 hours, had to make 2 return trips to triage for Darcy to get more tylenol, and NEVER saw a doctor.
Day 4: Took Darcy to a private clinic, had her examination, got a prescription, 2 hours and almost $100 later she was on the road to recovery. Cameron home from his sleepover.
Day 5: A day of rest to allow D & I to get better. Boring for Cameron, but I was trying to get us better so we could have fun the next day :-) We watched "Wreck it Ralph"
Day 6: Gastro for Angie. Home with 2 kids who were feeling great, no Kevin, and I was puking! Darcy's antibiotics were working and she was feeling much better. When I got up, I threw up, I made the kids breakfast, threw up, washed my hands, the smell of the soap made me throw up again. Went to bed and hoped for the best both from my stomach and the kids. There was no way I could make them lunch. Called Mom, called Kevin, both promised to do their best, but no guarantees of anyone coming to watch the kids, so I could sleep and be sick without the worry and the guilt of leaving them basically unattended. They were loud, so although that made it hard to actually sleep, I figured if I could hear them I knew they were at least alive and conscious. I really had no idea what they were doing and no strength to find out. Kevin and my mom showed up within a few minuted of each other and I finally got some fluids and some sleep.
Day 7: cancelled plans due to gastro. Cam went back to his Mom's. Kevin was home early. I basically rested and tried to eat.
Day 8 (Saturday): worked on the bathroom and disinfecting EVERYTHING. Missed Chrissy's 40th birthday bash. (Happy birthday Chriss!!)
last day (Sunday): despite my efforts to clean, Kevin got gastro.
Monday: back to reality and hopefully to health, too!

No comments:
Post a Comment