Friday, March 18, 2016

March Break - March 4, 2016: Butterflies go Free

I'm I'm Today we went to Butterflies go Free at the Montreal Botanical Gardens.

Selfie with my Sweet Pea. That yellow and black thing behind is a big tent shaped like a caterpillar.

The black butterfly is about the size of a monarch, maybe a bit wider wingspan..look at how big that caterpillar is! (Green caterpillar, upper left-middle)

Video of caterpillar with Darcy's sound effects:

Another selfie :-)

Can you make out what is in the branches of the tree behind/beside me?

Here is a better view:



Darcy with the turtle. It moves so slow, so little and it seems to be in the same spot every year, but today we saw it move! 

The mitten tree!




We also went to the Insectarium, which I had not been to for about a decade and Darcy had never been to. 

Beautiful beetles! 


Darcy touched this big beetle.

This pic was texted to Daddy:
Brave Darcy posing with a tarantula (bottom left)

Aaahhh...this pic is for me! 




No comments:

Post a Comment