"bath" "Daddy" "Dog" "oooh aaah" "hi" "Yeah" tries to say "Cameron"
January 8th marked 11 years since Darcy's grandpa Wilby died. I know how much he would have adored my Sweet Pea and she would have loved him almost as much as I do. I'm so sorry that he's not here to enjoy her and teach her. Thinking of you, Dad.
On January 9, 2010 Darcy was 15 months old.
Like Mommy & Daddy, Darcy likes to look at the flyers in the PubliSac.
.
.
.
MOMMY'S MATERNITY LEAVE IS OVER!!!
.
On January 18th I went back to work at Charles River Labs and back to the long commute. My return to work went fairly well, I fell back into my job easily.
.
It was a bit, OK, a lot, harder on the homefront. My work schedule & commute really do not work with the daycare schedule, so Kevin and I split daycare duties. I drop off Darcy and he picks her up and makes supper; I get home around 6:00. Darcy is usually OK, but some nights she just wants Mama and it's pretty difficult for Kevin to get anything done. The evening flies by with supper, bath and bedtime and leaves little time for chores, like lunches and dishes and showering! This will take some getting used to.
Darcy definitely has a shoe fetish (I have no idea where she gets that from ;-) ); here she is wearing Daddy's shoes.
Tidbits:
.
Morning of January 22 I saw 3 deer on the way to work.
.
Darcy had a molar come through on January 23.
.
January 25th was rainy and 9 degrees C and the next day it snowed!
Darcy can be very silly at times! She enjoys wearing a diaper on her head :-)
On January 13 it was Kevin's birthday! Happy Birthday, Kevin!
On January 13 it was Kevin's birthday! Happy Birthday, Kevin!
.
.
On January 15 Colby turned 3! Happy Birthday Colby!!
.
Here are some pics from his birthday party:
Mia, Keisha, Colby & Cameron
.
.
.
Also on January 15th, Uncle Wayne was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia. Tragically, the pneumonia was too far advanced; antibiotics and medical intervention could not stop it and Darcy's Great Grand Uncle Wayne passed away on Friday, January 29.
.
Uncle Wayne's guest book can be viewed at the link below, please feel free to add your thoughts and memories.
.
.
The next day Kevin, Darcy and I attended Kevin's Uncle Robert's funeral.
.
Sunday we tended to Nanna.
.
Monday (Feb 1) - Darcy was sick with a fever! Ok, ENOUGH already! 2010 is not off to a good start...












No comments:
Post a Comment