Friday, September 24, 2010

February 2010 - the downward trend continues

Feb 3: Darcy's fever continued and turned out to be an ear infection (her first and as of Sept 2010, her only one, thank God.) 10 days of penicillin, which she actually seemed to like, since it was banana flavoured. However, Darcy is prone to bad yeast diaper rash and the penicillin made it worse!


Feb 5th a close friend underwent surgery and everything went as well as it could.


Feb 6th was Uncle Wayne's funeral at Holy Trinity. Poor Darcy, she went to her first and second funeral within 1 week and both for Great Uncles. The day was a very sad one, but we managed to get in a few laughs, too, as old friends came together to support each other and reminisce.





Amelia and Darcy tickling the ivories at Nanna's following the funeral. They definitely helped lighten the mood.
Feb 9: Darcy turned 16 months and my favorite Deadliest Catch Captain, Captain Phil Harris died.

Kevin wearing his Deadliest Catch t-shirt in honour of my captain.

Kevin and I celebrated Valentine's Day on February 13th with a lovely supper at home.

February 14th, Valentine's Day, Kevin went to watch the Daytona 500 with his friends.
When he got home I was supposed to leave to join friends at an Irish Pub for supper. Darcy was very difficult and cried for Mama making me feel terrible, so I ended up not leaving until I had put her to bed!! Needless to say I was little late. Just as I arrived at the pub, one of our Olympic athletes had just won a Gold medal - maybe this is a sign of good things to come...
... Feb 18th -20 degrees C, not so good I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment