This will be Darcy's first season of competitive baseball. She is on the Atom B team. Somehow I managed to get myself volunteering to be assistant coach.
New uniform:
May:
New equipment:
We volunteered to pack bags at IGA to raise money for the baseball and some of Darcy's friends saw us. 3 girls actually joined the team...now there are 4! There are also 7 boys.
Running to 3rd base.
July 11 Darcy's team won 18-16
Ready position
July 14. Trying to find a ball park with bad directions the day you put your beloved cat down is not a good idea. I had all the equipment and after getting very lost, arrived an hour late! We ended up losing 10-11.
July 18 practice:
POW!!!
Our team played well, but I saw them get discouraged and start needing the T-ball. They rallied, though, and finished the game strong, however the opponents were very string in the field and keot getting our guys out. Final score 8-11 for the other team.
Catcher
Darcy as catcher: https://youtu.be/A2ex0mdwo64
July 28:
At bat. This game was in Boisbriand and Grandmaman came to see her play. The game ended in a tie, 16-16.
A video of her at bat:
A selfie on the way home from a game (Kevin was driving).
August 13:
Getting a pep talk from her coach:
An ice cream with your teammates after a winning game is so much fun!
The team...minus me, one of the coaches! I was at The Hip that night. This is the night they finished the playoffs in second place!!!
Here is one with me in it!
Cameron is playing this year, too, he is on the Peewee B team.
Cam at practice
Cam at a game.
A video of Cameron at bat: https://youtu.be/mcEwcOaIrqc
You will see that his arms are in reverse position. His front arm should be low (to see) and the back arm should have the elbow up, however, it seems to work for him! You will also see why is in drama!
Cam's team was eliminated from the play-offs early, despite starting the season very strong.
Darcy's team didn't have a great season and started the play-offs in 8th position (out of 9). I guess somewhere along the way our coaching soaked in because they finished SECOND!!! Wow!!!
September: parents vs. Kids
The year-end party was a parents vs. kids game. I got to play on the kid team because I was a coach. That's good because they play better than I do! I did make one point for my team, but my other tries I was out on first. Kevin played on the parents team and di better than I did. No one kept score, but I think the kids won!
By the time Cam's game started, we were both tired out.
This is what I remind myself of when I don't feel like driving one the kids to practice or to an out-of-town game. Enjoy it while I can!
























No comments:
Post a Comment