Dear Darcy,
Ollie’s journey with us ended tonight. He was comfortable and surrounded with love. I don’t know his story before he chose us, but he was a truly wonderful addition to our family for 10 terrific years.
Dec 30, 2018
I moved in with Daddy in February of 2008 and noticed Ollie hanging around right away. I had Tigger and Eric and I just couldn't have another cat. He would climb up on the back of the bench in front of the living room window and meow. I resisted for as long as I could and eventually started to feed him in secret.
This seems to be the first photo I have of Ollie - Spring 2009.
Winters are cold I just couldn't leave him out there, so I would let him in when no one was home and put him back out later on. I wouldn't let him out of the kitchen because I worried he would fight with my cats or give them fleas or disease. I needn't have worried - he was fixed, clean and friendly. I remember one day Daddy saying that we ought to let Ollie in to warm up and I chimed in that that was a great idea! Soon he was staying in for the night and spending his days outside.
April 2010
October 2011
Halloween 2011
Ollie and Tigger.
January 2012 is the first picture of him inside that I could find.
April 2013 - Ollie and Cameron
Back to school 2014
January 2015 - Ollie enjoying his cat tree.
Ollie and the skunk seemed to be friends! I had to stop feeding Ollie outside as the skunk would come and eat the cat food.
January 2016 - Ollie, Tigger and Eric
Back to school 2016
May 2017 - Interesting spot to sleep Ollie!
August 2017 - Clover and Ollie
January 2018
March 2018 - Always a part of our day-to-day lives
June 2018
Back to school 2018
December 2018 - this was Ollie's favourite spot to sleep
December 28, 2018 (my birthday) - home from the vet.
December 30, 2018 We were gone for the day for Christmas with Grandmaman, when we came home I knew the time was coming, but the vet was closed. You, Thursday and I stayed with him the whole time and made sure he was comfortable and loved. Rest in peace, Ollie.




No comments:
Post a Comment