Friday, August 18, 2023

Renos: follow-up summer 2021

 JUNE 2021

Refreshment while shoveling bucket after bucket of gravel...



Filling all this in with gravel....



Jul 21, 2021

So this is what $700 of wood looks like... 

..and we ran out and needed 5 more pieces!


New hot water tank! Pump re-installed!

JULY 2021


Video update of the inside of our cottage following renovations.


AUGUST 2021

A new deck was built, a hole in the ground was filled, gravel spread under the house, garden is growing back. A new vegetable garden was added. Also a quick look at Monarch Mansion, where I raise monarch butterflies. Video here




Aug 1, 2021 •

Porch stairs are up! I didn't think it was really bothering me that the stairs weren't up. I knew they would be a problem and with the deck I could easilv walk around from the kitchen. But what a difference it made to have them back!! It not only made access via the porch, but it freed up a big space in our small yard. Plus it just looks right now.


Aug 1, 2021 •

Going from a moat to a temporary walkway. Thursday approves.




Aug 29, 2021:

Door getting trimmed to fit.

Thanks to Irish Mike Thursday won't run right out to the 3 raccoons at the bird feeder when she just wants to bark at them.





Aug 29, 2021 • Spring with the new retaining wall and summer with the deck.









In the “before” pic the hole is already about 75% filled.
I spent all summer throwing progressively smaller stuff down that hole until it was filled up!!



Aug 31, 2021 •

These poor hostas survived all summer in a reusable bag! Now they have a home.







NOTE: 2022 - it died.






No comments:

Post a Comment