Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend with Kim & family (July 17-18, 2010)

The first day of our vacation Kevin played in the Legion golf tournament and my friends, Kim, Rene, Josiah and Gabriel came to spend the weekend at the cottage. I did not get off to a good start, as I ended up leaving my cart FULL of food at the cash of Maxi because the cashier was so rude to me. I picked up the essentials, packed the cats and headed up to the lake anyway!
.
Kim and her family and their dog, Buddy, arrived shortly thereafter. We had fantastic weather and played outside and in the lake all day. Darcy and Gabriel (2 y.o.) got along really well - it's a good thing as Kim and I have already planned their wedding ;-) Kim announced some good news, too: she is pregnant! Congratulations!

We had supper with my mom and turned in early with the wee kids. Thank you Kim & Rene for bringing all the fixin's for a great supper!

I did not expect to see Kevin until Sunday, so when I heard the screen door open and close I thought it was Kim down from the bunk house to use the washroom. I was pleasantly surprised to see Kevin walk by the bedroom door as I was reading my book. I guess the boys are getting older (or smarter) as they didn't party as hard at the 19th hole as they expected.

The next day Kevin took us all out for a boat ride and Josiah tried the tube. He loved it! He even found a way to sit it so that Kevin just could not shake him.

Later that day Sheri & Les and their 2 boys (well, teenagers) came to visit our cottage for the first time. Sheri & Les played a big part of getting our relationship going, so they are pretty special to us. One of our first dates was at their cottage and Les took me water skiing that day for the first time in 7 years.

Unfortunately I have no photos from the weekend. I guess I left the batteries for my camera in the cart at Maxi...

No comments:

Post a Comment