Monday, November 2, 2015

Darcy's halloween-birthday party

Caramel apples. I just melted about half a bag of caramel squares and added a bit of a water. I think I put a bit too much water and that's why they pooled so much at the bottom.
Tip: wash the wax off the apples by dipping them for a few seconds in very hot water with ~ tablespooon of vinegar. Refrigerate the apples for a couple hours before dipping them in the caramel and the caramel will cool quickly.



The side porch is all decorated. Darcy and I made the brooms with some branches and dried lily stems. I used some of the sticky fake spider web to hold the broom onto the handle.

Cheesecloth ghost is the backyard. I also hung two on the front porch and one in our upstairs front window.

Just creepy.

Making chocolate icing for Darcy's M&M birthday cake. 


The M&M cake. 

Darcy's friend stayed for a sleepover the night before the party and they got to lick the beaters!

Candy apples.  They were delicious!


Mice silhouettes in the stairs.

I made Mummy candles (on the table in the background) and reused the comic banner from Cam's birthday by painting it black and orange.

Here's a picture of my mummy candles:

Below is a little decoration I made with the "Frozen" branches from last year. Darcy made the little ghost last year, too. The picture in the background is a halogram of an antique-looking portrait one way and skeletons the other way. 



Poke-a-pumpkin game
Here is where I got the inspiration:
I had some Halloween-themed prizes like plastic rings, erasers and stickers, some other little toys and notepads and for tricks I used an empty ice cream cone, a pack of Splenda, and a gravy envelope. The kids loved it!

I also did creepy mystery bags where they had to reach in without looking and guess what they were touching. I had eyeballs (peeled grapes), brains (cold spaghetti), monster hair (yarn), monster teeth (dried corn kernels), witch tongue (sliced banana), and witch fingers (carrots). I got a lot squeals!

Smile!!! Apples slices and mini marshmallows stuck together with peanut butter.

Say cheese!


Monster pizzas before adding the cheese.


I also made Mummy dogs (strips of weiner wrap)

Darcy was spoiled by her friends and by Nanna!!

Darcy's future boyfriend???

Trying on her Elsa hat and gloves from Nanna.

Following her party we went to Uncle Peter's 70th (surprise) birthday party!
Cameron, Colby (top left and top right with Darcy), Darcy getting kisses from Savannah (center), Amelia (bottom left), Chrissy, Charla, Amelia and Darcy (bottom right).

Happy Birthday!





















No comments:

Post a Comment