Thursday, September 1, 2016

First weekend at the lake (May 21-22-23, 2016)

Darcy had a baseball practice this afternoon and afterwards we headed to the lake.

The water was very cold! 

Darcy got in the water a lot further than I did. 

This is as far as I got and it took me ten minutes to just get my feet wet. 

Mom, Kevin and I played Trivial Pursuit. Darcy played for a while and was very good, until it got too late. She lay down on the porch bed, but threw up not long later. Poor kid.

We sold the antique Kroehler furniture that was in the cottage to another Lake resident. He seems quite knowledable about the kind of wood and how to reupholster it, so I am glad the furniture is getting a good home.

Sunday night we had a bon fire. Poor Darcy was sick again. 

Monday was hot, 26 C in the porch at 3pm...that's hot for inside our cottage. We caught flying ants and fed them to the fish. 

The wharf isn't even properly in yet. 


Epilogue: Ped Day May 27: Darcy, Cameron and I all swam. Really swam, right in over our heads. Very hot out. 



No comments:

Post a Comment