We got her all ready on time to go up to the lake for a bit before going to camp. I drove the work truck for the first time! I needed to bring Tigger so I could give him his medecine and look after him. The Jeep was out of commission and the pick-up has no AC and the windows don't work...no good for a sick cat on a hot day!! So I drove him up in Kevin's air conditioned work truck. It was the first time Tigger did not get sick when travelling, too!
After an early supper, I took Darcy to the camp grounds. I forgot the directions at home, not even at the cottage. I got a bit lost, but got her there just in the nick of time. She was so excited and because they were just starting to hike out of the parking lot, she was off with barely a kiss. Probably for the best!
Saturday: very, very hot.
We brought the boat up yesterday, but couldn't launch it as we couldn't find the plug. Today we took to a friend's and bought a new plug before heading back to the lake and to the boat launch. The new plug didn't fit!! But, OH! what's this is the glove box? THE PLUG! We found that, but forgot the oars and the anchor...we are really scatter brained this Spring! We may have been a bit forgetful, but we got the boat in!
Rob and his kidlets, Brian, Mark to visit.
Great meal and we ate at Mom's "Tiki Bar" - it's terrific!
We swam off the boat in the middle of the lake. Camylie and I snorkelled around looking at little fish near the wharf.
Camylie and me
Everyone went out for a boat ride while I stayed home with Danny. He woke up from his nap just as the boat was pulling away and he wanted Daddy! Quick! Distract him with...food! Yes, it worked! Then we went out to the wharf so he could look for Daddy...so cute!
By 10:00 everyone was wiped out and in bed, except for Kevin and I. We are waiting for Cam to get home from his grade 6 grad party.
Sunday: even hotter!
Melissa and her two kids arrived just as I was leaving to go get Darcy.
Boy Darcy was one tired girl! I heard lots of stories on the way home, including that she kissed a frog and her and Brynn brushed each others teeth!
After supper we went out for a sunset cruise, letting the kids take turns driving the boat. Wonderful!









No comments:
Post a Comment