![]() |
| Darcy's Christmas artwork. |
![]() |
| I made a bunch of these, upcycled sweater totes, sock bears with hats, scarves and sleeping bags, a pocket wall hanging, many photo cards and more. |
All of a sudden it was December 22nd, the last day of school before the holidays, and I didn't feel ready for Christmas, but just like in Whoville, Christmas was coming anyway! Kevin, Cam, Darcy and I had a fun and delicious supper with Chrissy that night. We made pizza from scratch and enjoyed Chrissy's homemade Bailey's...WOW!!
After Chrissy left I went to the basement to put away something and took the fast route: falling down the stairs instead of walking. It scared me more than anything, but I was sore the next day with a couple of big red scrapes and bruises on my back. My mom and I did a whirlwind day of preparation and shopping, but it was fun, not stressful. We were both of the mindset that what gets done, gets done, and what's not done, meh... it is what it is.
We had a wonderful Christmas Eve (in a separate post) and Christmas day was fun and relaxed like it's supposed to be.
| Darcy and her stocking |
| Kevin and Cameron at home. |
My mom spoiled everyone, like always, and we loved it.
![]() |
| Darcy's new outfit from Nanna |
![]() |
| Mom and Cameron with the Minecraft gift - HE LIKES IT!!! |
This thingy!! At my suggestion Mom got this gift for Cameron and we all liked it!
Santa was generous, but reasonable.
![]() |
| SHOPKINS from Santa!!! |
Kevin and I gave thoughtful, but not necessarily expensive gifts. We put most of our budget into getting a much-needed computer for the family. We managed to get a nice desk for free. With supplies we already had, Kevin wired a new plug where we needed it and ran the wires for the basement lights as gift to me - which I LOVE.
We got this VR headset for the kids for half price, too. Here is Uncle Bum trying it.
Kevin and Cameron. Cam is wearing his new shirt from my mom and Canadiens t-shirt from Auntie Carol. Kevin and Darcy just LOVE his t-shirt (they are Boston fans, LOL)
Lemon meringue pie!! OMG!!!
THE FOOD! SUCH good food!!!
We ate until we just couldn't eat anymore and relaxed in our new PJ's until bed. We stayed overnight and had breakfast together the next morning. Then we headed home to enjoy and put away all our new goodies.











No comments:
Post a Comment