School's out and camp is in!
| All of our gear was ready in advance. |
Here we are ready to leave for camp.
The first morning was Crazy Hair morning!
Celebrating Canada 150 and nature.
Everybody helps clean up.
This is what our tents looked like. Everything was already set up for us, and the tents are on wood platforms. What little sleep I got that weekend, was very uncomfortable and I felt like an old lady in the morning, but it was fun.
Making a Canada 150 t-shirt
Here's the final t-shirt.
One of the challenges this weekend was to eat a meal arm-in-arm with someone.
We ate VERY well all weekend. Here is a Canada Fruit Kebab
There were some very disappointed faces when a thunderstorm meant we couldn't go swimming. Actually I should say they couldn't go swimming. I went swimming with the girls that needed to pass their swim test, as I needed to pass, too.
Some beautiful light in the forest after the storm.
Central camp fire.
Everything was very wet, so the fire didn't last long, but the camp fire songs did!
After a very rainy, stormy Saturday, the sun on my tent Sunday morning was beautiful!
A frog. Another of the challenges for the girls was to kiss a frog.
This little guy got lots of kisses, but never turned into a prince.
Tired out from a great weekend!!

No comments:
Post a Comment