Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Frozen mouse poop, sort of (Sept 18-20, 2020)

 Dear Darcy,


Friday Sept 18, 2020


You, Thursday and I stayed at the lake tonight. It was 6 degrees C when we arrrived at 8 pm. I turned on the hot water, the heat, and unpacked the car. Then we went to see Nanna and let it warm up.

We had waffles for supper - yum! It was like breakfast, supper and dessert all in one.

I made frozen OJ, stirred it and then realized the spoon I used had mouse poop stuck to it!! So I threw that out. I started over with a clean spoon and frozen lemonade.

I'm pretty sure it froze over night.



Saturday Sept 19

Beautiful, cool morning.

Breakfast and movie with Darcy.

Home to check on the monarchs. I had left them in the summer kitchen (unheated) and I worried that it may have hit 0 over night. They were ok. I was going to pick up Daddy, too, but he ended up coming up with his own truck later on. 







Sunday, Sept 20

Beautiful day! Warmer than yesterday. I gave Thursday a bath. 

Lots of chicadees, nuthatches, blue jays, and squirrels.


Some good news!!


No comments:

Post a Comment