Dear Darcy,
Oreo-pretzel frogs, Lady finger dragonflies, Oreo-gummy worm octopus, Cracker spiders & crabs, jello snails, Oreo oysters with a Whopper "pearl"...yummy! (and the only way I can eat shell fish :-) )
Darcy helping me get ready, Cam in his Transformers party hat, waiting for guests.
The party was a Transformers theme - cake, hats, napkins, table cloth, balloons, etc. Despite some ominous clouds in the morning, the day turned out beautiful. It was cool, but sunny and the kids got to play outside. We got a surprisde visit from Aunt Bea and her son, Richard, who was visiting from BC. Richard said it was the first birthday party they had ever crashed. Well, we were very pleased to have them!
Cam opening some of his gifts (Wall-E, Transformer)
Mia & Cameron.
Cameron was spoiled by the all the thoughtful, fun and practical gifts. It's amazing the diversity of things he received!! Cameron obviously loves Transformers and is thrilled with all the Transformers he got, but he really likes all of his gifts, even clothes, which often kids don't care about. He likes to choose his PJ's and clothes, and I must say he has some taste and he wanted to wear all his new things right away.
It's funny, too, how sometimes the thing you're the least sure of, is the favorite. Daddy and I gave Cameron a sticker activity book and I thought we'd end up with the stickers everywhere, but in the book, and the book would be all but forgotten. Well, Daddy and Cam spent most of the long weekend doing the activities together and he loved it!!!
He suddenly realized, 2 days later, that the disposable camera he received from Aunt Bea & Richard is a camera...LOL...I showed him how it works and explained that it's not like a digital camera where you see the picture on the back; that you have to wait for the paper copy of the photos. He went around taking pictures of the house, of you, of Ollie (the outdoor cat), of his toys and of guests! I'm taking the camera in for development this week and I can't wait to see the photos. I'll post some in a later blog.
Cameron playing with his balloons the morning after his party. He doesn't understand the concept of helium balloons yet, so when he wanted me to cut off the Transformer balloon for him, I tried to explain. Our ceilings are 10 feet, so even on a chair I couldn't get the balloon down for him. Kevin did and then it ended up on the playroom ceiling and there it has stayed.
Cam says "Merci" for all the birthday wishes, thank you to everyone who came to the party and thank you for all of the great gifts!
Charla, thank you for the helium ballons!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment