
Today Darcy Marjorie was christened at Holy Trinity Church. It was a gorgeous, warm sunny day and the church was humid and stuffy. Poor Darcy's little head looked like someone had used it for darts due to all the bug bites...my poor sweetie.

Auntie Charla and Uncle Paul are now officiually Darcy's Godparents! During the baptism Cameron found the minister's bible with all of his notes and bookmarks in it and starting playing with it. Kevin said "God damn it!" and I glared at him....you're in a church!!! OOPS!!!

Despite the minister's comments otherwise, the children were all well behaved and the service went smoothly. The blue-grass style hymns were fun to sing along with, too.
Following the service my mom and I hosted a reception. On Friday I baked a ham and 2 dozen cookies only to end up with burned cookies and a frozen ham...AAAHHHH!! I managed to make 2 dozen more cookies and get the ham cooked...to perfection if I do say so myself! My mom also made a roast pork, a roast beef and some delicous salads. Mrs. McBrearty, Charla and Auntie Carol also brought delicious salads and goodies - Thank you!!!
This was Darcy's first time platying the piano. The kids really had a good time pounding the ivories until we all started to get a headache and put an end to it! Darcy spent a lot of time with Daddy, which was really nice for her and Daddy, but especially nice for me :-) Thank you to everyone who was able to come and share this special day with us and thank you for all of the lovely and thoughtful gifts Darcy recieved.
No comments:
Post a Comment