Today Darcy and I went to Auntie Carol's semi-annual Swap n' Shop. The premis is one person's junk is another one's treasure.
Everyone brings about 10 things (sometimes a lot more) that are still good, but you don't want anymore. We spread everything out on tables and take about half an hour to look at everything and make a list of the things that you want. When more than one person wants the same thing, we put the names in a hat and draw one name. The more people there are, the more fun it is!
Of course, everyone brought something yummy to eat, so that is fun, too!
At the end whatever is unclaimed is either brought home by the original owner or I take the unwanted items to the women's shelter in Lachute. Some items also go to Kevin's aunt for Les Amis d'Emilie.
I don't have any pictures, but Darcy and I got some great things and we brought a Jeep load of clothing, shoes, baby items and books to the women's shelter. Les Amis d'Emilie also got 2 snow suits! It's "green", fun, free and charitable. All in all a feel-good day!
No comments:
Post a Comment