Sunday, April 10, 2011

March 28, 2011: I touched a deer!


Darcy's self-portrait

Today I bought 3 lbs of carrots and went back to see the deer with Darcy. I am sure they recognized the bag of carrots as soon as I took it out of the Jeep. There were 4 deer on the field below the road and they crossed the road and joined the other deer already gathered around the hay the farmer had left...I'm sure they came for the carrots!


For most of the deer (I counted 15) we had to toss the carrots a few feet to a few yards away from us, but 2 or 3 of them came right up to us and let us hand them a carrot! I was even able to reach out and touch 2 of them on the head!!!! I was thrilled!!! These are not tamed animals, these are wild animals, even though they are used to people bringing them food.

Darcy "loves deer" now. She was really, really happy to give the deer a carrot.




No comments:

Post a Comment