Tuesday, June 7, 2011

June 6, 2011: Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today is my dad's birthday; he would have been 67 years old.

Darcy and I went to the cemetery. The headstone was overtaken with irises, so I dug up about hald of them. About half of those are now planted here and there around my house. I think I'll plant the rest at the lake. I also sowed some forget-me-not seeds at the grave. Darcy sat on my sweater on the ground eating a snack and asked me what I was doing.

"Digging up flowers."


"What flowers?"


"Irises."


"Oh. Where's your daddy?"

Uh...hard question to answer. I had already told her we wouldn't actually see my daddy, so I just said, "Here." I know she doesn't understand, but she was OK with that answer and I left it at that.

Then she said, "Mommy I have to pee." So I was saved!



It was a very hot day and Kevin had to work late (naturally, being in the A/C business), so Darcy and I ate outside. She really loved it!


No comments:

Post a Comment