Sunday, September 8, 2013

July 19, 2013: Fallen trees








Darcy and I had a relaxing, rainy morning watching The Lorax.
When it cleared up we went swimming. Darcy likes to jump in off the wharf now! Gray clouds blew in, so we got out and waited for the sun. We swam some more and again, gray clouds blew in.

We got out of the water and waited on the stairs watching the chipmunks and birds. This time the sun didn't come back. We went over to Nanna's so I could call Kevin and while I was on the phone the power went off. Thunder and lightning started and it was pouring rain. 

I ran over to the cottage to close up the windows and it was hailing!!

I ran around closing windows and when I got to the kitchen window this is what I saw:




 

2 trees that were basically right on the property line uprooted and landed on the neighbor's balcony and roof. I think they got lucky and nothing looked damage...I know we were lucky! 


No comments:

Post a Comment