Dear Darcy,
I worked at a client's this morning. When I got back I dug up some of our plants that will get crushed when the work starts this fall. I slipped and fell down the hill. I landed on my bum, on the side with the pruners in my back pocket. I ended up with a blue bruise the shape of my pruners!
We went for a swim. We saw 2 monarchs in my butterfly garden.
We had a home game tonight, versus a team we previously played at an away game. Nanna came to watch it. At the beginning of the 2nd inning, our team was on defense. Our pitcher threw a bad ball and it hit the batter. It happens. One of the opposing team's coaches yelled something like, "Oh yeah, hit our kids like last time."
Some of the parents on the other team started yelling, too.
So, we keep playing. Our pitcher strikes out the next batter, walks the next, then hits the batter with a ball. Our coach called time out to change pitchers. While the pitcher and the coach were talking, the other team started to walk off the field.
Our team and the coaches had a little team meeting. Meanwhile the opponents started packing and walking to their cars!!
(The coaches that yelled at our player and instigated this were suspended for the rest of the season.)
We picked up Darcy's friend for a sleepover after the game. The three off went for Victory Ice Cream.


No comments:
Post a Comment