Dear Darcy,
Aug 20, 2020
I had to go to a client's this morning, so on my way to the car I went up to check on Blackie. The door was open and he was gone!!!
Darcy and I looked around inside and outside. Nothing. I had to go to work. We looked again when I got back. Not a meow, not a glimpse, nothing.
We finally had to leave for a baseball game, but it ended up being cancelled as the opposing team forfeited. We ordered pizza for supper and headed back to the lake. We decided to stop at Bum's to look for Blackie, just because we didn't know what else to do. No luck.
I found a monarch caterpillar today.
You and Nanna played Crazy 8's.
Aug 21, 2020
Nice breakfast for you and me.
Fire at Nanna's and I made s'mores.
David came to help us look for Blackie, since Blackie trusts him. The neighbor saw Blackie in the woods today. David called him and we heard him answer. David saw him, too, but couldn't catch him. It was getting dark and then someone set off fireworks, so there was no way Blackie was coming to him. At least we know where he is and that he is OK.
Aug 22, 2020
24 degrees C
Grilled cheese for breakfast
Swimming
Looked for Blackie.
Boat ride. We saw a beaver.
Lisa came down for a visit.
Fire and s'mores.

No comments:
Post a Comment