Dear Darcy,
On this beautiful, mild day we headed out for a walking adventure! I had a parcel to pick up at a Depanneur/Post office about 2km away, so I decided to head there - it would do us both some good!

Have you ever had that niggling feeling you ignored and then later wished you hadn't? Well, this was one of those times for me!
Everything started off well, the sun was shining, the snow was melting and you were sleeping. As much as all that dead snow pleased me, it also got me very wet thanks to numerous puddles and rude drivers splashing us! One puddle went up over my ankles, which left me with lovely wet socks and boots the rest of the way home.
Just before the ankle-deep puddle, I had a hard time getting over a little snow bank and the stroller started to tip, allowing the car seat to fall out...I caught it by the sunshade in the nick of time. You never even woke up, but this, of course, spilled the coke zero I had just bought all over the place. As if it weren't enough to have dirty water all over us and the stroller. I used the blanket I had used to clean up the mud, to clean up the coke, too!

After the ankle-deep puddle, which was on an alternate route home to avoid the ghetto of Lachute I had walked through on the way to the dep, I tried to take a short cut. The short cut was a dead-end and I had to turn around and go back, with my coke-and-mud covered stroller and jacket and water-logged feet! Not happy! It was also around this time I took a sip of what was left of my coke zero, only to discover it tasted terrible!
I finally get near home and went to Maxi, as I needed diapers and other baby paraphanelia. I got the things I needed, and a new Coke zero, paid for them and started to leave the cash when my new coke falls to the ground. A nice young lady picked it up for me and handed me the now leaking bottle of coke. I said, "Thank you" and then added, "This is just the cherry on the cake of today!"
She laughed, but I didn't.
Once again I used that poor blanket to clean up coke. Atleast this time it tasted good!
I left Maxi and started the home stretch. I had about 4 or 5 houses to go to be home when a package of wipes somehow fell out of the stroller and landed right in a puddle. That good, dirty, ol' blanket came to the rescue again. I carried the wipes, wrapped in the blanket, under my arm the last bit home, my excitement rising as I neared the kitchen door...only to turn into rage as a package of diapers sails out of the stroller while I unsuccessfully tried to navigate the icy, bumpy path to the door. You see, I got the stroller out of the Jeep when I left, so I didn't know the path was not stroller friendly. I threw the wayward package of diapers at the door and headed around to the front door.
I was able to get the stroller up onto the front deck and in through the front door - Thank God.
When my mom called to say she wasn't going to Book Club that night, I was so relieved, as it meant I wouldn't go either. I had had enough for one day!
Luckily the blanket and stroller all came clean, but I will not be walking to that depanneur for a very long time!
You have learned an important lesson about strollers and winter my young mommy jeidi! We all learn it the hard way!
ReplyDeleteLOL...yeah! I will be wary the next time the snow is melting.
ReplyDelete