Yesterday Darcy said it hurt to pee, so we went to the ER today. I got a few surprises along the way:
1. I got a free parking spot on the street, but I had to walk with Darcy in a down pour.
2. There was a long wait just for triage
3. The nurse gave me a cup for Darcy to pee in.
4. SHE ACTUALLY PEED IN THE CUP!
5. I did not get a ticket, even though after the max of two hours I only moved the car forward about 4 inches.
6. I went to take money out to buy some lunch for Darcy and the ATM was...GONE.
7. There were no ATM`s anywhere in the hospital and it`s not within walking distance of any either.
8. They put a kid movie on the big screen in the waiting room, mainly for Darcy, and in ENGLISH.
9. We made it in and out of there in about 4 hours.
10. Darcy NEVER COMPLAINED or cried the whole time, even on an empty stomach!
I did bring snacks, but some got spilled on the floor and I had to throw them out.
Darcy does not have a urinary tract infection - YAY!!! Her skin is a little irritated and that`s why it hurt to pee. This is no surprise, by the way, as she been plagued with a sore bum off and on since about 3 weeks old.
We brought home a pair of latex gloves as a souvenir:


I am so glad she is Okay. she is such a good little girl.
ReplyDelete