Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 1, 2011: Darcy's pretend birthday party

This morning Darcy and I went to swimming lessons from 8 to 9.

Then we headed over to the shopping centre for this year's Breastfeeding Challenge, sponsored by Nourri-Source, the kick-off event for World Breastfeeding Week (Semaine Mondial d'Allaitement Maternel). I am a volunteer with Nourri-Source, hence my involvement in the event - no, I do not breastfeed anymore - in case anyone was wondering.  The breastfeeding challenge occurred at precisely 11:00 on October 1 all over North America and the goal is to have as moms breastfeeding at the same as possible! We had about 25 right here in our small town! EXCELLENT!!! 

A big thank you goes out to Erica from Cafe Bagel (and my cousin's wife!) for providing the coffee.
A big thank you goes out to La Bonne Fourchette for catering our lunch.
A big thank you goes out to Cascades for providing the boxes for out boxed lunches (above).
A big thank you goes out to Carrefour d'Argenteuil for providing the space.
A big thank you goes out to Beaudry photography for taking family portraits at a very reasonable price.
A HUGE thank you to all of our volunteers and nursing moms!

Kevin has to leave for up north again, this time to Kuujjuaq, just 3 days before Darcy's birthday. CPAC will also be gone away to New York for the long Thanksgiving weekend. So....we had a pretend Birthday Party today with Kevin and CPAC!


No, Charla is not winking, she has an eye infection.



I love Amelia's top!
I love Colby's top, too!
 Paul went to the store to get some more nachos (to go with the yummy homemade salsa a la Tupperware....) and came back with a surprise!  John and Michael were also in town visiting John's family and they were at the store at the same time. I'm sooooo glad we got a little visit with John!


DQ ice cream cake - 25% off....it's convienent when DQ closes just before your birthday!

mmmmm....looks yummy!

Happy 3rd unbirthday, Sweetie!

Thank you Daddy, Auntie Charla, Uncle Paul, Amelia and Colby for celebrating my birthday and for my lovely gifts! (from Darcy)

No comments:

Post a Comment