Wednesday, October 12, 2011

October 8, 2011: Cathie, Ollie & Baseball

At swimming lessons this morning, Darcy got a belt that actually had the right amount of floats on it and she SWAM ALL BY HERSELF with just the belt on. No life jacket. No noodle. No Mama!!! WOOHOO!!!  Congrats Darcy!

After swimming we went to Montreal to pick up Cathie who is "home" from Scotland for 3 weeks and will be spending Thanksgiving weekend at my mom's. I'm really happy because she'll be able to come to Darcy's birthday party tomorrow.

Back home (after a 2 hour drive back from Montreal), Darcy was quick to ask Nanna to play baseball with her, while Cathie made fast friends with Ollie.

After the ball game, Darcy and I got ready for her party tomorrow. Today I really appreciate Kevin. There's so many things that he would have done for me. I am perfectly capable of doing everything, it just takes so long alone, plus I am congested and get out of breath easily, so I have to go slow at everything. Honey, I miss you!

Playing baseball with Nanna.


note the ball in the air.

Ollie, the outdoor cat.

Introduction.

I guess we're playing soccer now.

Take a break for a swing!

My pretty girl. Can't believe she'll be 3 tomorrow.

Ollie is not shy about showing his affection.


Nanna's turn at bat.

Darcy helping decorate her own birthday cake. 

Marble cake with chocolate icing in the middle, cream cheese icing all around.
Not exactly the way I wanted it. I wanted to use the white icing and food coloring and draw Dora on the cake, but I ran out of white icing. The estrellas (stars) were the only suggestion of Dora I could find.

Vanilla cupcakes with chocolate icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment