Darcy's 9th Birthday Party
This is Darcy's last single digit!!
We made New Scamander's suitcases as birthday invitations because we are still obsessed with all things Harry Potter. (Newt Scamander is the main character of the Harry Potter prequel, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
I printed out Darcy's desired text on the computer and she glued them inside the suitcases. We made little paper luggage tags to put the recipient's name on, and Newt's, too.
Daddy helped Darcy blow up balloons for the party
.
I made this pop-the-suitcase game. You might get something FANTASTIC or you might get a BEAST!
Darcy helped me make this unicorn pull apart cake. I used a sugar cone for the horn and fruit leather for the ear. I made the icing as per the direction, but very few people actually liked it. It tasted like butter despite the almond flavouring. Perhaps more sugar or vanilla instead of almond? The texture was FANTASTIC though!
Thank you to everyone who was able to attend. Darcy had a smaller party than she expected as many people had Thanksgiving plans, however she loved being able to really spend time with just a few good friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment