Sunday, November 5, 2017

July 2017 - part 1

July 2017 part I


The month did not start off well.  

We learned that one of Kevin's aunt was killed accidentally when she was hit by a truck.


We celebrated Canada Day nonetheless, but it poured rain and the fireworks were cancelled. Maple Leaf hamburgers helped make our supper fun! (July 1)


This was a busy day. I mowed the lawn, hence so many steps. The dryer is broken so I strung up a clothesline and hung out the clothes. We can't really go to the lake as have no water there, so I took Darcy to the splash pad and then to try a beaver tail for the first time. While we were eating it, we saw a pretty bird. (July 6)


We went to see Despicable Me 3 today. (July 7)

Dairy Queen with the crew after a ball game. (July 9)

My garden helpers:


 


...and garden not-helpers!

(Beavers cut down my tree!)



Still no water, but we just couldn't stay away, besides Darcy needed to try her new D'Lish Donut tube!


Mom held her annual book club BBQ, but this year we wore flowy skirts and beautiful hats to remember Theresa.



  
A bouquet from my garden and mom's famous lemonade. (July 19)




Darcy's cousin came to book club and they took a break to go swimming together. Love it!



July 12 - the new septic tank is finally in!!

But we still have no water. The frost moved some things and put a serious kink the toiler drain. It will have to be replace before the tank can be hooked up to the house.  Oh, plus I no lawn anymore!


 

See my post here to see how it grew back and the continuation of the septic saga here.


















No comments:

Post a Comment