Dear Darcy,
Sunday November 24, 2019: Oh dear. I had to have my sweet sweet kitty, Eric, put to sleep today. 19 years old. You came in after he was sedated to say goodbye. He was just sleeping. He looked at you and you cried so hard. My heart was breaking for Eric and for you. I felt awful. I held him and spoke softly to him the whole time. I brought him home. David will dig a hole in the pet cemetery at Bum's for him.
Eric morning of Nov 24, 2019
I knew it was time a couple days before. I was trying to clean up his fur from his incontinence. I trimmed away some of the dirty fur (I thought trying wash or brush him would bother him). There was a lot more dirty fur that I expected. I accidentally cut his skin and he didn't even feel it. I knew his "back axle" wasn't working right, but it was worse than I thought. It was time.
Nanna and David met me at the vet. We went down to see Bum in the hospital.
You were at a friend's this afternoon, so Daddy took me with him to go pick you up. On the way home he took us down the deer road. I know he did that for me. I love him.
We received this card from the vet's office about a week later. How thoughtful.
This could totally be Eric.
Bum's backyard. The pet cemetery is back along the trees on the right side.


No comments:
Post a Comment