Thursday, January 28, 2021

October 2019

 Dear Darcy,


October 2, 2019: Colors are starting



Cameron, Daddy and you. 

Pretty bouquet at a client's house. 


October 9, 2019: YOUR 11th BIRTHDAY 

----> click here

October 10, 2019: Disney on Ice with Nanna.






This was the first time seeing Disney on Ice at the Laval Place Bell, we usually go to the downtown Bell Centre. I am so sorry Nanna's first Disney on Ice experience was here. NO COMPARISON to Bell Centre. At the Bell Centre we were always treated like we had the most expensive tickets, even we had the cheeapest. We were often upgraded if there were empty seats in a better section. Tonight NOT like that...basically left on our own to find our way and then a giant spot light in the entrance to our seats. TONS of empty seats below us and no upgrades. The show itself was not as good as usual either, although we did miss the beginning. Will not go there again. 


October 12, 2019: Your birthday party and outing to iSaute. 


October 13, 2019: Thanksgiving, continued birthday celebrations and closing down the cottage.

Someone is tired from their party!



Yummy Thanksgiving dinner at Nanna's.


October 19, 2019


October 23, 2019 Eric is now 19 years, 6 months and 23 days old. AMAZING! He is showing his age though. He had become incontinent and can't jump up anymore. He still has a good appetite and is very affectionate.



October 24, 2019 Your painting from an art class at school:



October 25, 2019: Our Jack-o-lanterns:


October 28, 2019: Visit with Cathie at Fairview:


October 29, 2019: Monarchs are migrating!


October 30, 2019:


Here is the video: Day of the Dead



October 31, 2019: At Uncle Bum's request, took him to the hospital in Hawkesbury today. He has not been well since his birthday. Even before his birthday, but really not well since then. I brought him turkey dinner on Thanksgiving and he couldn't get up to greet me. He was in good spirits and happy to see me, but said the food looked great, but he didn't think he could eat it. Not like Bum at all. 

The staff at HGH was friendly and professional and most of all QUICK. They took him in immediately and did all kinds of tests. They said he has signs of COPD and of emphysema, but they needed more tests that couldn't be done there. He was transferred that night to the Royal Vic. Cousin David and I went back to our house to see you and Daddy briefly, then took David home to keep the fire going in his house then down to the Vic to make sure Bum arrived alright. We stayed for a couple hours and nothing was really happening. We left to let him sleep and get some sleep ourselves. It was POURING rain on our way home, very dark and very hard to see. David and I got drive thru at A&W in when we got back to town, then I took him home, and ate my (cold) supper when I got home at 11:50 pm. 

I missed Halloween with you for the first time, but in a strange turn of events I got a second chance. 

There was this crazy wind and rain storm predicted for Halloween, so many municipalities, including ours, "cancelled" Halloween and invited trick-or-treaters to go out on Nov 1. Daddy took you out on the real Halloween, but it was a miserable night and you only got to about 5 houses. I took you out on Nov 1, and we really only went to one very nicely decorated house that had their lights on. 



You took a workshop earlier this month that taught you about Halloween/movie makeup. You did it all yourself. We made your costume together with old clothes and red paint.




Nov 1, 2019 Cousin David and I went down to the Vic to see Bum. It was very windy out and the power was out when I left. He was still getting tests and was admitted to the hospital. Bum's voice is very hoarse and hard to hear, but we could carry a conversation with. He seemed to perk up a bit after getting an IV which provided him with some nourishment. 

David and I got back home around 6 pm. Nanna was at our house because now we had power and she didn't. Daddy ordered pizza for all of us. 



The view from Bum's hospital room


Here is my FB post about this time...it has a few details I forgot. I was purposely keeping the post light despite the situation with Uncle Bum as he did not wish everyone to know he was in hospital. We were figured by Monday we would have some answers and he would be headed home.

...oh and the dryer's broken...


No comments:

Post a Comment