Saturday, January 24, 2009

Angie's 33rd Birthday...and 1st b-day as a mom!




















Dear Darcy,

At 8:00 a.m. on Dec 28, 2008, I awoke to the best birthday present I ever received! I realized you had slept your first night! We had both slept 8 hours in a row - hooray!!! (You have not slept through everynight since, many nights have been stints of 4 hours, but last night she slept 9 hours in a row)

All I really wanted was to have someone, i.e., Daddy around to help me, kind of like a servant. To get the bib I forgot, to bring me a drink, to hold you while I take a shower, etc, and Daddy did exactly that...it was wonderful! 

 

We went to my mom's for a delicious b-day supper of her homemade lasagne, garlic bread gratine, and salad, and of course a made-from-scratch birthday cake. My uncles, Auntie Carol, Uncle Peter and Wendy also attended. I had a great day and was really spoiled, with a surprise gift from you - I could not have asked for better.

No comments:

Post a Comment