Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Oct 16th: Supper with Pat & more updates.


Another favorite: The blue clippers from the medical kit from CPAC. Here she is cutting Dolly`s toe nails for her with them.


Darcy in her coats.
.


The following weekend my mom's friend/cousin Pat came for her annual visit. She usually visits in the summer when the lake is best enjoyed, but due to foot surgery she had to put it off to the fall. We wish you a speedy recovery Pat!
.


The day before the supper pictured above, my mom and Pat came to pick me up from a doctor's appointment, as I had received my 2nd injection of Synvisc in my right knee. I could barely walk for a few hours after the 1st one, so I expected the same reaction this time. I was pleasantly surprised that this time the injection was less painful and I only had some discomfort following it. .
.
5 or 6 days later I woke up to go to work and get Cam and Darcy ready and nearly fell down when I stepped out of bed. My knee was swollen up like a grapefruit and VERY painful. I managed to get through my day and was grateful not be working the next day and that I had another appointment with the same doctor.
.

I was told I am among the few - I should go buy a lotto ticket. I am among the 4% of the population that reacts badly to this treatment. Anti-inflammatories/pain killers for 20 days and we'll see how it is in 1 month. I had to go and buy a cane later that day just to get around the house!
.



More Updates:
.
My (pregnant) friend Erin and I went to a local children's thrift shop that I really like one day this week , as the store was closing and offering very low prices. When we arrived the owner was leaving and told us "just take whatever you want." We were stunned and had to ask her if she was serious. "Yes, it'll be less for me to move and store." We FILLED my car with things for both of us. Just the 2 diaper genie refills I got were worth 20$, never mind all the toys, videos, clothes and 2 lamps we got!
.
The next day, Friday, Kevin and I had our first date since I was pregnant...over 2 years!!! We went to a fundraiser Comedy Night for Cameron's school. They had a pretty big Quebec comedian, Derek Seguin, and he was awesome! They had the cafeteria set up like a little night club with a bar and refreshments and we really enjoyed ourselves.





No comments:

Post a Comment