Saturday, January 3, 2015

Sept 2, 2014: first day of school

First day of school!
29 degrees C, muggy. 

Cameron's first day of grade 5 and Darcy's first day of kindergarten!!!
This was the first day on the bus for both of them.

Due to progrssive entry, Darcy only started at noon, so Cam took the bus this morning by himself and I drove Darcy in at lunch time. The 2 vertical pics show Cam waiting 3 houses away, all by himself...strange that our kids', only our kids', bus stop is not at our house.


At school, waiting for her teacher.

Both kids came home on the bus together. The bus schedule said they would be at the stop at 3:31. I was there at 3:20...3:35...3:45 then I started to freak out!! Luckily I somehow had wifi and I had my ipad to take pics, and some of my parent-friends told me their kids were late, too. The schedule was totally wrong, they get home closer to 4:00 because their bus has to go the high school first, then back this way. There were a few glitches the first 2 weeks, but we got them worked out. They get picked up in our driveway, but get dropped off at the corner. However, it is safer at the corner than being let off with 3 lanes to cross. 

Both kids being in school and on the bus is life-changing for me! I no longer have to load Darcy in the car to drive Cam to school, even on days when I stayed home. I no longer have to drive to the opposite end of town to Darcy's daycare on days I work. No more running to school to pick up Cam at daycare. Yes, I have to watch the clock and be at the stop because Darcy is in kindergarten, but most if the time I am already at home. If I work at their school, they just go to and fro with me. So easy! 

Mom, Pat and I went to see The 100 Foot Journey tonight. 

Sept 4: 
Uncle Bum's birthday
My first day back at preschool. With the prgressive entry for Darcy, she had no school today, but she had to go to preschool all day. She loved it there, though! Some of her friends from last year were there for their second year. 



After school we went up to the lake to feed the cats and go for a swim. 

Sept 5: VERY HOT
Darcy's first full day of kindergarten.
Darcy and I decided to head up to the lake because the cats were there alone. She waited for me with Daddy, at home, outside while I quickly went to the store. In the ~15 minutes I was gone the poor girl threw up. Maybe from the heat? 

Sept 6: Rain in the morning, nice in the afternoon. 
Flea market...got lots of rainy day deals :-)
Moved the cats home. Summer is really over :-(



No comments:

Post a Comment