Friday, September 13, 2019

August 2018 (2nd half)


Aug 18, 2018: Picnic selfie - library book club closing ceremony. We had a hard time getting here as were trapped in our road by a septic truck emptying a septic tank. I was using my mom's car so I really hesitated to try and squeeze past this truck on a one-lane road. I asked how much longer  - he said 10 min, but I had 15 to get there and it takes 15 minutes to get there. Grrr. I got out and walked along the ditch to see if there any obstacles and how deep the was, etc. Darcy put her window down and kept an eye on the truck - it was tight, but I made it and we got there just 4 minutes late. 


This is what having a cottage is all about!

Boat Selfie

Aug 17, 2018: Mom's new fire pit

Saturday August 18, 2018: CLOVER GOT OUT!

Inaugurating my mom’s new firepit. ðŸ”¥ 
Kevin is docking the boat and the little orange spot on the wharf is Darcy’s sparkler.
Saw a cormorant, 5 geese, 11 mergansers and a flying squirrel! 

kids and sparklers

making marshmallows

cute little bums Reloading the water guns ðŸ’¦

fishing

Aug 19, 2018: 
Mid-lake meet up selfie

hood ornaments

Kev

Valour ♥️ He is kind of like a bull in a china shop, but really quite sweet.



Ducks passing behind Darcy.

Aug 20, 2018: Another wonderful night at the lake.


Canada Geese

Aug 25, 2018: Beautiful day!
It’s just that kind of night.




Great night at the lake...


Clean stairs!


Aug 27, 2018: Only one full day left at the cottage and then it’s back to the real world, but August was awesome!

August 28, 2018: Weird weather today. Grey, clouds, rain, then sun, rain, repeat.  We watched a movie and packed. We swam in the afternoon. Cam hacked away at the ugly wharf. (Wharf Kevin brought home...*sigh*).

August 29, 2018: Windy, cooler, humid, grey - good day to leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment