Aug 31, 2018
Beautiful day!
We had club sandwiches for supper at the lake, but they are not fun to make in that tiny kitchen!
Beautiful day!
We had club sandwiches for supper at the lake, but they are not fun to make in that tiny kitchen!
First fire in our backyard since 2016! Yay!!
Happy Sept first! It was a grey, muggy morning, but turned into a hot day with sunny breaks.
September 2, 2018
Kevin and Brian went out in the boat to try the fish finder. I kept hearing beeps, so I finally went to see what was happening. The boat was having a hard time starting and when it did it wouldn't stay. We finally figured out that there was water in the gas tank... and I mean FULL of water. The flash flood rain on Wednesday must have penetrated the tarps and flooded the boat. Since we weren't there to pump it until the next day, it must have seeped in wherever it could. We managed to get the water out of the tank, but the lines were full of water so...dead in the water.
Well, her season’s over. ☹️ It was a great one though! 😎
Hopefully the Time Bandit will be out of sick bay in time for next summer. Thanks for the tow, Mark.
Dog TV!
Darcy and I went out on the paddle board a bit. I was able to stand on it with Thursday!
Rob, Camylie and Danny arrived in the afternoon. Much swimming. Darcy and Danny had a little water fight. Thursday tried to eat Rob's remote control boat! Darcy said she didn't know Thursday had it in her to bark so much. Kids went fishing. We made a combined effort for a great supper. Kevin made a nice fire at Mom's and we had s'mores and camp coffee. Yum!
Sunday September 2, 2018
Grey. very humid. Yuck.
Lots of bacon was cooked this morning, smelled great! I wasn't over a piece and I was left with the dirty pan to wash and all the grease to clean off the stove, kettle, hotplate, fridge... The DVD player died on me, too.
Kevin went to Lachute to get the boat trailer. Rob and Brian went out in Rob's little boat to go fishing. The older kids were on their phones, of course.I am with Danny and Darcy...and Thursday.
Scott and Owen are here to fish. Danny is fishing. Thursday can't go out off leash because she tried to eat the hooks and lures.
The boat is out. I tried to back up the trailer. I wasn't able to back up straight, but I did get it into the driveway!
Happy Birthday Uncle Bum!
Nice birthday supper for Bum.
I BBQ'd in a downpour with the umbrella table pulled right up to the 'cue.
Monday, Labour Day, 2018
Awoke to nice skies, but quickly turned to rain. It cleared up and then REALLY rained with thunder, too. Darcy got scared by a really close lightning strike - it shook the house.
It rained just a little bit...rivers down the hill towards the house.
The front yard is a pond.
No comments:
Post a Comment