Sunday, September 16, 2012

July 25, 2012: ZOO!!!



It’s a zoo here: 

Merganser, goldfinches, blue jays, red squirrels...
red squirrel

...1 black squirrel, flying squirrels, raccoons, a groundhog, 3 chipmunks, grackles, sparrows, chickadees...
chickadee
 ...white and red breasted nuthatches...
red breasted nuthatch
...grosbeaks, a mole (or similar wee rodent), hairy and downy woodpeckers...
Downy Woodpecker
 



 .
 .
 .
 .
.
...1 pileated woodpecker, robins, a toad, plus a mouse and 2 cats living in the house! 

one of the non-mouse-catching cats!

The 4 of us headed to Morin Heights this morning. I went to help set-up the locale for the summer art show, while Kevin took the kids on a few errands. When the got back they caught grasshoppers in the grass until I was ready.



.
When we got back we piled into the boat and Lisa and Logan arrived just in time to hop in, too. We stopped in the middle of the lake while Darcy took a nap. Cameron, Logan and I went swimming. 
.
Later on Ron stopped at the cottage with his daughter and 2 nieces, one of which was in Cam’s class last year.  I called Cam over to see his friend and Kevin heard Kaitlyn say, “Oh no, I don’t like him.” 

Kevin stifled a giggle and said, “Why is that?” 
“He bugs me!” 
So, Kevin told Kaitlyn to come to him if Cameron gives her any trouble. She seemed satisfied with that and everyone got along. 
Add caption

We had an indoor picnic for supper and watched Back to the Future.

No comments:

Post a Comment