Dear Darcy,
Saturday - a beautiful day. HOT!
Daddy and I launched the boat. I drove the trailer back around and by the time I got there Daddy had sent me a text "Dead in the water."
Pat and I went to get him. The boat was running when we found him, but stalled and then the battery was dead.
Daddy and I had to run to town to get the battery charger, carb cleaner, etc., but it was just too hot to go. We called Brian who was on his way and asked him to stop and get the charger. BUT he called back later and said the traffic was awful so he wasn't coming after all.
Somehow Daddy & Nanna ended up in touch with Mike. Mike and Connor were coming over with a fresh battery and separater pump to get the water out of the gas tank. Meanwhile Daddy and Nanna went to Campbell's for supplies.
The separator worked! Connor fiddled with things and took things apart and took the boat out with Daddy. There were still some issues. Again Connor went to work and found a little frayed hose. He cut it off and reattached it...OMG ALL IS GOOD!!
We had a nice sunset cruise. Nanna came with us, too. We sat at the Tiki Bar for a while. I fell asleep. We could see a raccoon at our bird feeder.
Sightings today:
3 Hairy Woodpeckers
2 pine grosbeaks
1 white breasted nuthatch
3 red breasted nuthatches
1 red squirrel
3 chipmunks
2 ruby throated hummingbirds
2 Mergansers
1 Great Blue Heron
1 Blue Jay
1 Song Sparrow




No comments:
Post a Comment