Friday, September 3, 2021

May 2019: THE TREE

 Dear Darcy,

You, me and Cameron were home. It was the Monday of the long weekend. We were just unpacking from the lake and Cam was working on homework in the front office/room. The wind had started to pick up a bit, but otherwise a nice day. 

Suddenly we heard and felt the loudest noise. Was it thunder? The power went out, so maybe. But there's no other thunder, no lightning, no rain... My first instint, "Is everyone ok?" 
"yeah"
"yes"

OK..."Was that thunder?"
"Dunno!!"

Then my mind clicked..."OH NO...the tree...." and I ran to the front door.
Yes it was the tree. 

BUT...it did not fall on the house!! It fell on the street, a busy street and no one was hurt!!

I called Daddy and he seemed annoyed with me. He was driving or in the car and Brian was driving. I just said, "It's the tree. It fell," and he said, "I'll be right there. Is everyone ok?" 

He knew. We both knew it was old and probably should be limbed, but it was a magnificant maple tree!!



So this happened:



View from the front door






View from driveway or side yard




Please note: this was written in September 2021 - I am SURE I posted about this, but cannot find the post and I want to link to this event in the post about the rest of the tree falling in 2020!!)









No comments:

Post a Comment