- climbs a couple stairs
- cruising
- walks with walker
- can sit down from standing without help
- feeds herself finger foods
- actually gives an object to someone, not just showing it
- opens and closes cupboard doors
Cam & Darcy playing with Daddy - Aug 7 - first day of VACATION!
This week Kevin was on vacation and boy did we luck out with the weather - we got the one HOT & SUNNY week all summer! :-D :-D :-D
Thanks to Darcy's early rising now, I saw some beautiful sunrises this week.
My little monkey - Aug 9 (10 months old today!!!)
August 10 - supper to celebrate Cecile & Ron's 40th wedding anniversary - CONGRATULATIONS!
On August 11 Mom hosted our monthly book club meeting. I was in charge of BBQ'ing, which I was quite worried about due to Darcy being a cling-on. However, she was in love with Anne Mason and played with her the whole time I was outside cooking! It's amazing how just BBQ'ing can so much fun!
August 12
This week Cam FINALLY took to the water. He's been fearful of the water since I've known him, saying there are sharks in the water, that it's too cold, etc. For some reason (I think Mia's pool party helped) he actually played in the water today! We borrowed a boogie board from my mom. I demonstrated how you could lie on it, sit on it, and fall off of it and then...CAM TRIED IT!!! WOOHOO!!! Bravo CAM!!!
August 16 - Last day of vacation :-(
We also had two swim/play dates with Mia & Colby (see next blog entry). My cousin Pat was visiting my mom, as well. We all (Mom, Pat, Darcy and I) got in the water on at least 2 occasions; Mom even swam for the first time in a few years. I have no pictures though. [Pat if you have any could you please send me some?] Kevin discovered the author Michael Connelly and read 2 of his books in 2 days. We even got a boat ride ALONE one night, as Mom and Pat watched the sleeping kids. It was a comedy of errors when we got back to the dock, as it was pitch black out. All in all it was a great family/cottage vacation!
We also had two swim/play dates with Mia & Colby (see next blog entry). My cousin Pat was visiting my mom, as well. We all (Mom, Pat, Darcy and I) got in the water on at least 2 occasions; Mom even swam for the first time in a few years. I have no pictures though. [Pat if you have any could you please send me some?] Kevin discovered the author Michael Connelly and read 2 of his books in 2 days. We even got a boat ride ALONE one night, as Mom and Pat watched the sleeping kids. It was a comedy of errors when we got back to the dock, as it was pitch black out. All in all it was a great family/cottage vacation!










No comments:
Post a Comment