-Separation anxiety is getting better
-she has discovered magnets and figured out how to get them on and off the fridge
-recognizes some words, such as "mama", "dada", "Cameron", "cat", and "no"
-lowers herself to sitting from standing without help
AUGUST 22 - Nanna's birthday party
Darcy in a dress from Nanna. I waited a bit too long to put this on her...it's already a but tight, darn it!
Charla, Paul, Amelia and Colby came for the afternoon to swim and celebrate my mom's birthday. Bum, Wayne and David came for supper and cake. Thank you, Charla, for the 2(!) delicious cakes. My poor mom ended up doing a lot of the food preparation herself as Charla & I were pretty busy making sure none of the 4 kids got hurt, broke anything, or fell off the balcony. Kevin did help my mom peel potatos - Thank you, Kevin!

The 2nd picture, ever, of all 4 of us. Someone, please take a picture another picture of us! (Note, Darcy will be 1 year in 3 days, and we still have only 2 pictures of the whole family...tch tch tch...someone please take a pic at Darcy's party!)

Charla serving one of the cakes.

Mom making a wish - I hope it comes true!
August 23 (Mom's actual birthday)
Darcy in an adorable sailboat dress, also from Nanna, playing with Cameron. Today is my mom's actual birthday. She is going out for supper with her brothers and her friend Bev, so went for supper at Kevin's parents' house. When we left Lakefield it was grey, rainy and cool. When we got out of the Jeep in Boisbriand - what a difference - it was hot and humid.
Darcy "talking" on the phone and having a serious talk with Grandpapa.
August 26 - spa day!
I finally went and used my Lise Watier gift certificate I received at my baby shower. I got a manicure, including the hot (very hot!) wax treatment and a pedicure, including a leg and foot massage. I also bought a huge bottle of shampoo and conditioner. My mom and Auntie Carol took Darcy shopping while I was getting pampered. I was a bit nervous at first, but in the end I relaxed and really enjoyed it!
August 27 - playdate with Amelia

Mia was staying at her grandparents, so we made a playdate with Cameron. I took Cameron up to play in the afternoon. Amelia showed him her tree house and we ate some of Auntie Carol & Mia's famous chocolate chip cookies. I am again amazed at how these communicate with very few "what did s/he say?"

Darcy played a bit too.

Darcy LOVES Eric...Eric tolerates Darcy. I am so surprised that Eric is the patient, gentle cat with Darcy. He doesn't usually like people, but he lets Darcy do just about anything to him. He looks to me for help - he doesn't even try to run away!

When Mia's grandparents had to go grocery shopping she came over to the cottage to play some more with Cameron and to have supper with us. It was so much fun!! Mia and Cameron "decorated" by hanging maple leaves with clothespins on my clothesline. They found a neat, low branch of a cedar that they could bounce on. The also blew bubbles for Darcy. It was great!
August 28:






No comments:
Post a Comment