Friday, March 18, 2011

March 7: MARCH BREAK

Today was the first day of March break. YAY...a week off, right? Well, yes and no. Yes, a week without worrying about getting called into work at 6 am, but also a week without pay. Cameron is with us this week, so I also had to think of things to do. Since Amelia is also on March Break, we thought we'd spend the day with Charla, Colby and Amelia!
.
The weather was pretty grim (snow storm) this morning, so we got ready and waited...
.
I called Kevin and asked him how the roads were. "AWFUL," was his answer and coming from him, that really meant AWFUL. As we were speaking he was stuck on a hill, so I decided to wait some more...
.
I checked the weather office, I called Charla. Cameron kept asking "When are going to see Amelia?" Darcy kept saying, " Go to Cha'la's!" The forecast said it would clear up, Charla said it was still snowing at her house, but it was clearing up at home...what to do???
.
Finally, as my cousin David commented on Facebook, I decided "Got Jeep, will travel!"
.
It was a slow drive, but mainly good and we got there before lunch. YAY!
.

The kids were really good and everyone got along, most of the time.
Cameron was disappointed when it was time to go, but he had a date with Grandmaman and Grandpapa and pot full of smelts!
Charla's parents were supposed to come down and pick up Amelia for a couple of days, but with the bad weather they decided not to come. I offered to bring Amelia up north, so after a short visit with Ron and Cecile, Darcy and I headed back over to Charla's to have supper and pick up Amelia.
My wee Darcy was sound asleep by the time we got home and I put her to bed in her clothes...LOL!



No comments:

Post a Comment