First time in a long time that I got to sleep in…8:30!! Darcy and I left for town and 10:30.
At home we did 3 loads of laundry, put away 3 bags of stuff from the cottage and clean laundry, prepared a baby shower gift, checked messages, emails, bank balances, etc, and tidied up the house.We returned LOTS of empty cans and bottles to Maxi and ran into Uncle Bum. He kindly offered to help me carry all the empties into the store. Of course, since I was in a rush and it being Maxi, the cashier made a mistake and credited me 12 bottles ($1.20) instead of 12 dollars for my BIG bag of cans.
Then we went to visit Erin, Ian and Rowan, but Rowan was asleep so we didn’t get to see her. I was there about 5 minutes when Teddy called to let me know he was in Hawkesbury. We had previously arranged for me to pick him up in Hawkesbury, so that his wife, Jill, could keep their car to visit with her sister for a couple days before coming up to Mom’s.
When I got to the arranged spot in Hawkesbury I couldn’t find Teddy! I tried 3 different places before I found him and it was all my own fault – I hadn’t gone far enough into the parking lot in the first place I went!
Teddy, Darcy and I went to Lachute to meet up with Mom as I still had errands to do. Finally at 4:00 I was back at Maxi to get groceries and Kevin showed up when I was at the cash and packed all the bags for me!!! <3 <3 <3
Thankfully the highway is open now and we had time for a swim before a yummy supper of Mom’s lasagne.
Kevin took us all (Mom, Pat, Bum, Teddy, Darcy and me) out for a lovely sunset cruise.
Mom, Teddy, Bum
|
After Darcy was in bed I went over to Mom’s to use her oven (the cottage oven is wonky) to bake her birthday cake. I washed all of mom’s dishes and the cake mess while the cake baking and cooling, then iced the cake and decorated it with candies. I finished at 12:30 a.m.
No comments:
Post a Comment