 |
| This is the life. |
Brian, Hilary, Dean, Kelsey, Mark D. and Mark W. all over for a visit. Great boat ride and swimming in the middle of the lake – even Kelsey jumped in!
 |
| Dean, Kelsey and Mark |
 |
| Brian & Hilary relaxing. |
 |
The sinking boathouse. We have watched it get lower and lower over the past few weeks.

 |
| Kelsey |
|
By supper time both Darcy and I had a fever – not sick, but too much heat & sun again. Supper and lots of water helped and we were all in bed very early. About an hour later thunder woke me up. There was lightning, thunder, heavy rain, and the lights were flickering. The wind was so strong the curtains were standing out perpendicular to the window and all my Wonderwords swirling in the air around the living room! I shouted, “Kevin Help!!!” and we ran around shutting all the windows when there was a very bright bolt of lightning with instantaneous thunder that shook the house and then BLACK! Power out, but my mom still had lights on…uh-oh. “I think we got hit!” I said. We went to opposite ends of the house to look for signs of fire and when I looked out the bathroom window I could see why the power was off. There was a tree down in the backyard and it broke the lines to our house.
 |
| The fallen tree |
Without the fans and with all the windows closed we were sweltering and I still had a fever over 101, so we decided to spend the night at my mom’s house.
No comments:
Post a Comment