Teddy’s water skiing attempts were cut short by a sudden storm.
| Mom & Lucas |
To celebrate Mom’s birthday we had a bonfire, music, I made s’mores and Kevin set off some fireworks! (BTW, I got the s’mores kit %50 off!)
At one point a boat went out in the middle of the lake and turned it lights off. Then it looked like there was a fire on board, but the fire started to float up in the air and eventually went out. Then the lights came back on and the boat left. I figure it was a paper lantern and that would explain two small orange lights we saw earlier, too.
Lightning started to flash off in the distance so Kevin and I scrambled in the dark (and after a couple celebratory consumptions) to get the boat top on. Just as we finished it started to rain lightly – was timing. The lightning started to get brighter, too, so we doused the fire and we all called it a (very good!) night. We were inside less than 5 minutes when it poured and we watched quite a storm until about 3:00 a.m. The lake was lit up like daylight with most bolts of lightning- WOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment